Error: You cannot save password of Data Source
If you had moved the MI app from the /opt directory to a new location (e.g. /app) and then got an issue with Data Source's password saving (password disappeared and there is no possibility to save a new one).
Most likely something went wrong during symlinking files to a new location. In order to fix this, please follow these steps:
1. Open terminal (ssh connection) for Instance where MI installed and check path for encryption file:
- check content of file insight.conf (run the command: cat /app/mi/config/insight.conf);
- pay attention on key_path for encryption;
- if it is incorrect (e.g. /opt/mi/aes_password but should be /app/mi/aes_password), then you need to change it to correct one /app/mi/aes_password and save.
2. Check path to mi-crypt script in config_variable table in dashboard database and update it if it's wrong:
- check path to mi-crypt script with statement:
SELECT value FROM config_variable WHERE name='MI_CRYPT_ABSOLUTE_PATH';
- if it is incorrect (e.g. /opt/mi/lib/mi/bin/mi-crypt but should be /app/mi/lib/mi/bin/mi-crypt), then you need to update dashboard db with statement:
UPDATE config_variable SET value='/app/mi/lib/mi/bin/mi-crypt' WHERE name='MI_CRYPT_ABSOLUTE_PATH';
- And then login into MI application in browser and perform the following steps:
Go to Admin > Utilities > Config Variables and click "Commit changes"